Thursday, June 30, 2016

Never a dull moment, part 2


I never intended to antique my cabinets ...  I only meant to patch a hole in the wall ... 

I have lots of thoughts about HGTV, but I'll just say this for now: I love it and I've created a mess in my house and in my head because I watch too much of it. (Chip and JoAnna, and Drew and Jonathon. Love them!)

On top of a new puppy (another of which will be here TOMORROW), we are in the middle of some remodel jobs. We already did the kitchen floor ... but then everything grew from there. Without knocking down any walls (yet), we have decided to update and do the best we can with what we've got ... both to enjoy now and in the event we ever move. 

Anyway, I'm going to tell the rest of this story in pictures. MY OCD-ness has just about driven me over the edge. I sincerely need my house to get back together soon. And I do mean NEED.

After the kitchen floor, we decided to go ahead and move forward with granite countertops and a travertine backsplash. This resulted in me thinking my cabinets no longer looked right, so I took on the project of antiquing them (see pic above). Still not finished, by the way. 

Backsplash gets installed and the kitchen countertops have to be cleared off. Mess everywhere.
Kitchen cabinet stuff in the dining room, AND my project for the laundry room that is also being redone with the same brick floor as the kitchen. See pics to follow.

Cleared out the laundry room. Moved everything (cat litter stuff) to Dorsey's office.
Dorsey really enjoys sharing space with cat crap.

And so we decided to also brick the upstairs bathroom, which of course, required removing cabinets and the toilet. Guess where they are?
Why yes, there IS a toilet in the bedroom. (And that toilet is about to end up by the Dumpster because we decided to get a better one. Isn't that romantic?)
The price outside of regular dollars for this project is temporary (I hope) insanity and stressed out pets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your constructive feedback and comments are welcome!