Thursday, April 23, 2015

Update on Coach Wil



My dad came home from the hospital yesterday to be in hospice care. He is in good spirits, and as I type this, he is sitting in a recliner (with oxygen on) and watching ballgames. Of course. What else would he be doing if he's not mobile?

I believe his spirits have been kept high by every single person who has visited, either before the hospital, while in the hospital, and now that he's home. He, as I always say, is a social butterfly. (Wish I had gotten some of that!)

I have been sharing with him the stories you all have been sending me. He loves them. I think he has figured out that lots of people love him. I'm also putting these stories together in a memory book.

I encourage you to do two things:

One, continue to send me stories. jmwilmarth@yahoo.com, or send him cards c/o Jami Wilmarth, 2407 S. Hayden, Amarillo, TX 79109

Two, come visit. Yes, it's more than okay, as long as you don't mind cats, dogs and people. It's crazy sometimes, but that's okay. Dad deserves visitors who want to visit.  Come to 2407 S. Hayden.  You might want to call me first (806-236-0418) to make sure you get the most out of your time.

Thanks so much for your love, concern, prayers and well-wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your constructive feedback and comments are welcome!