Saturday, April 18, 2015

COACH WIL MEMORIES





I am shamelessly asking everyone who was touched in a positive way by my dad — whether former player in high school, Kid's Inc., Little Dribblers, etc., schoolmates, friends, coworkers and any other type of relationship to him — to please respond to this blog post and/or send me your memories/stories about him.  jmwilmarth@yahoo.com

I am putting together Memory Books for Jordie and Cole, and I would like to compile these as I receive them from you. I also want my dad to see as many as possible.

For those of you who already have sent me or him your kind words, thoughts and memories, please know he has been truly touched, as have Kim and I.

I'm not trying to be morbid by asking this of you (again). I'm just asking for help with a project. Frankly, reading these stories fills my heart with joy as I try to comprehend that I will soon be losing him.

I would like for his memory to live on through these recorded stories.

Thank you for your help.

5 comments:

  1. I hope your inbox is filled to over-flowing!! Let the memories come pouring in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of us who have lost our parents, Memories are all we have. Reaching out to capture those memories is an Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I coached at Abernathy, Frenship and Levelland. Some of my fondest memories are of Coach Wilcoxsin, Coach Weese, and Coach Tipton....Not only was Jim one of the best to ever coach the game, he has the best sense of humor. All of us in the coaching community love him dearly. My two favorite memories were when he and Tipton thought they were both playing on the road. Jim showed up at Frenship and Sam showed up at Randall. The other is when he and Dean would up at Bee Caves in Austin because they turned right instead of left. They were so late to the TGCA golf tournament that everyone was worried. Much love and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill Rankin SchneiderApril 26, 2015 at 8:42 AM

    I love Jimmy! What a wonderfully humble and hilarious man! I remember congratulating him one time after a big win over Joseph's Canyon Lady Eagles and he said "Well, ya know, sometimes the fire hydrant gets to pee on the dog"

    ReplyDelete

Your constructive feedback and comments are welcome!