Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Lost But Not Forgotten



When my dad was alive, he supported a far-reaching cause to Africa started by a man right here in Amarillo, called Lost But Not Forgotten.

This group of people take the message of Jesus Christ to remote, difficult-to-reach, difficult-to-find and dangerous-to-travel-to areas of Africa — the unreached. It is in Muslim territory.

I recommend that you go to the site and watch the video. It's interesting, but also inspiring to see the amount of danger these individuals put themselves in to spread the Gospel.

I recently spoke to the man who began this venture and agreed to "host" a table at the organization's very first fundraiser. I believe he said they've been around since 2005 or 2008? And now it's time to raise some funds.

Lost But Not Forgotten is having it's first-ever fundraiser on Nov. 8 at the Wyndham Hotel (used to be Ambassador). It's dinner, presentation, silent auction, etc. The table costs have been covered already, so if you were to come to the event, no one would be asking you to buy a ticket!

That's where I come in. As a table host, I have agreed to find six other people to share an eight-person table with me (and Dorsey) that evening.

I know Nov. 8 is a long way away, but please pencil it in on your calendar.  If you think you would like to join us, please let me know.

Please watch the video. It might make all the difference to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your constructive feedback and comments are welcome!