Wednesday, January 21, 2015

You can help in the greatest way!



"We’ve had great times together….. remember the time that Jim and Dean were to have played in a golf tourney connected with TGCA clinic……..the tourney was in Bastrop and even with all the information and directions they somehow managed to end up west of Austin instead of east…….my kids and I were headed to the mall when they unexpectedly came back to the hotel room telling us they’d gotten lost and missed their tee time. Your mom was in our room when the guys came back and she looked at Jim and very gently said, “you’re just pitiful!!” Neither of these excellent coaches had any sense of direction and I guess we shouldn’t have presumed they’d ever find Bastrop!! I took them myself and guess they found someone to get them back to the hotel. Oh my, that’s just the tip of the funny stuff!!" -- JoAnn Weese (wife of Dean Weese)

As if your prayers haven't already been enough, JoAnn Weese's comment planted a brilliant idea in my head!! (Thanks, JoAnn.)

And, seriously, there's nothing in the world better than sincere prayers.
BUT ...

My parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary is Jan. 23. Fifty years! That's a long darn time to love someone. (It's also a long time to put up with someone.)

So here's what Kim and I are thinking. Mom and Dad know a lot of people, and a lot of people seem to really care about them (thank you so much). We very much want to give them the best anniversary present they've ever had, and that is a collection of good memories about them. 

I would say that after 55 years of togetherness ... in sickness and in health, for better and for worse, good times and bad ... they stinkin' deserve the great memories. (And, frankly, Kim and I get a kick out of hearing these stories, too.)

Here is my request: Please, please, please send me your favorite and/or funny memories of my parents. Memories of them together are great, but just as good would be memories from Mom's teacher friends, school friends, siblings, etc., and Dad's buddies and/or kids he's coached through the years. If you have a good memory, please send it to me.

You can do this one of two ways. You can either comment here, or send me an email. If you comment here, don't worry about the signing-in part; just write the comment and sign your name on the comment so I will know it's you. It should work just fine. If it doesn't work for some reason, or if you prefer to send an email, my address is jmwilmarth at yahoo.com.

And there's another way you can help, if you'd like. You can send my parents cards that we can present to them on their anniversary. If you would be interested, let me know, and I will send you my mailing address.
I have truly been overwhelmed by the kindness so many people have shown -- so many people I either haven't known or heard from in years -- who have read this blog so far.  I am so very grateful for you. And I am grateful to all who have been telling and sharing my parents' current story.
So, again, I am asking for anyone who reads this post to share it.

Again, January 23 is the anniversary date. Let's get this party started!
:-)


-- Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your constructive feedback and comments are welcome!